Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hudson Strikes On The Last Friday of Archery





Well the last week of the archery season had us out Wed. thru Sat. It was a pretty slow week of hunting until Fri. A slow morning resulted in us leaving the stand. That's when I got down out of the stand and promptly watered the bushes (if you know what I mean). After I was done I went to grab a saw out of my bag to cut a tree limb that had fallen. When I reach for the bag the bushes in front of me explode with a nice buck on the other side. Thank the Lord that Hudson was still on the top half of the tree stand. He got 2 or so steps down and had to get back up the tree and load the crossbow. In all of the confusion the deer just stood there and gave Hudson no shot. I am currently on the ground looking up whispering to Hudson basically whats going on. He stood there so long I texted my friend Kevin O. to give him the up to second info. While on the ground I was grunting and the thing still didn't move. Eventually Hudson took the shot and the beast went down in his tracks. He put another one into him and the trophy was officially his. I would love to say I have the video of it but it was packed away and I could not see anything anyway. I did video a lot this week and will put something together anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment