Saturday, December 10, 2011

Second Saturday Strikes again






                                                              (click on image to enlarge)


                                                                                  


         Well as you can see I had a great day of hunting. I know there are a lot of pictures but bare with me I have never shot anything close to this in my life. It all started in the morning of 12/10/11 the last day of the buck season. I went to the field with my 10 year old son to see if we could get him his first deer. The morning started slow but heated up quick enough. This guy came running in  from a long ways away and finally stopped around 80-100 yards out. The shot would have been to far for my young hunter so I took the shot and I connected on this dandy. Reed was the young hunter and was excited for me that I got a opportunity to harvest such a wonderful creature. This is my biggest   buck (by far) that I have ever harvested. Praise the Lord, for providing this nice buck.  The only thing is it's going to cost me a pretty penny by the time I'm done with it. As for the headline 3 seasons ago Kevin O connected on a 10 point beauty on the last Sat of buck at the twin towers.  2 years later this one was bagged, and  this one was also harvested, yes you guessed it, at the twin towers. The tally's are in he wasn't to wide at 17" inside spread. His tip to tip was 11". Left G1-10", Left G2-7 1/8, Right G1-9 1/2", Right G2-8", Right G3-1 3/8. The gun of choice was the H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20g, ammo Remington Copper Solid.


















2 comments: